Around the country, and in the Bay Area, several organizations are dedicated to stamping out hateful acts and protecting the civil liberties of people who may find themselves discriminated because of their race.
Here is a list of some of them.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Anti-Defamation League
- Council of American Islamic Relations
- Sikh Coalition
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Showing Up for Racial Justice
- La Raza Roundtable of California
- Asian Law Caucus: Asian Americans Advancing Justice
Watch the full "Barriers and Bridges: Race in the Bay Area"