VISIT CARMEL GIVEAWAY RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal California residents who are 21 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station KTVU, and Visit Carmel (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY.
4. Only one entry per e-mail address. The giveaway begins at 12:01 a.m. local time on March 23, 2018, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. local time on March 23, 2018.
5. To enter, go to the contest section of our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ktvu and click on the link to the “Visit Carmel Giveaway.” Follow all instructions to complete the online entry.
6. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KTVU’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
7. Two winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about March 26, 2018, and will be randomly assigned one of two prizes.
8. Each winner will receive one of two “Visit Carmel” getaways, including (i) double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two people for two nights at either the Pine Inn the Tally Ho Hotel, (ii) wine tasting for two at the Carmel Road tasting room, (iii) a $50 gift certificate for dinner at Il Fornaio, and (iv) a deluxe fruit and cheese basket with champagne. All persons traveling on the trip must be 21 years of age or over. The winners are responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, all transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, taxes and surcharges. The winners may be required to submit a credit card to the hotel at the time of check-in to cover incidentals. Travel dates are subject to availability. All travel must be completed by March 31, 2019. Not valid during special events and some holidays. Other blackout dates and restrictions may apply. The approximate retail value of the Pine Inn getaway is $750. The approximate retail value of the Tally Ho getaway is $950. Both prizes are provided by Visit Carmel.
9. The winner(s) will be notified by phone on or about March 26, 2018. The winner(s) must respond to prize notification within two days, and the winner(s) and travel companions will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in the manner and within the time period communicated by Sponsor or they will be disqualified If a winner cannot be reached, does not respond to prize notification, or does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits.
10. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner(s). The winner(s) cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
11. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
12. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any one-year period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
14. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
15. These giveaway rules are available at www.ktvu.com/contests, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KTVU, 2 Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607, through April 30, 2018.
16. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: 2 Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607.
17. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.
19. This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook. Entry information is provided to Sponsor, not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to this giveaway.