Tori's chocolate mousse with avocado
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates, soaked for 20 min, then drained
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed avocado (about 3)
- 3/4 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1-2 Tbsp organic sugar1/2 cup water
Place the dates, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a food processor and process for a couple minutes until smooth.
Add mashed avocado, cocoa powder and sugar and process until creamy.
You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times with a spatula.
Add water and process until desired consistency.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
This mousse will keep for 3 days or 2 weeks in a freezer.
Source: www.rawbayarea.com Chef Heather Haxo Phillips