Networking | Business,
Importance of Strategy in a Product Launch
Product Marketing Executive
We’ll be covering 6 keys to strategizing for a successful
What is a product launch?
* More than a ship date, a press release
* Not one point in time, but an ongoing effort
* Not a checklist of deliverables
Why is a launch important?
* Short product lifecycles
* Revenue expectations from new products
Why a strategy?
* So it’s not simply a point in time or a press release
* To accelerate market acceptance/sales rate
What does a launch strategy involve?
- Target audience
- Product Positioning
- Product Strategy
When do you set the strategy?
* Early in the development process
* Work hand-in-hand with product management/development
* Part of the annual planning process
Who sets the strategy and writes the plan?
* Importance of getting other marketing groups behind the
launch strategy and as part of the launch planning
About Our Speaker:
BETH JOHNSON is a marketing executive who has launched hundreds
of successful products in the consumer and high-technology
markets. By focusing on the end user, understanding their
needs, desires and motivations, she has been able to bring to
market products that are well received by the end user, channel
and press, resulting in effective channel placement and
promotion, broad press coverage and strong revenues.
$15 BMA members, $30 non-members; includes breakfast