2555 Middlefield Rd.
Redwood City, CA 94063
10:00 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013
Kids | Family
The Jigsaw Puzzle Competition is Saturday, January 26, 2013 to celebrate National Puzzle Day. The contest will run from 10 AM to 3 PM.
Our last Jigsaw Puzzle Competitions were huge successes so this time there is room for 16 competitive teams and 8 less competitive teams. The first 64/32 to register will be in the competitions. We already have teams signed up for the competitive level.
The challenge is for teams of 4 people to build a 1,000 piece puzzle the fastest. The winning team earns a Grand Prize of $500, 2nd and 3rd place teams earn $100 in Gift Certificates. The less competitive "family" level will build a 500 piece puzzle and earn a $100 cash prize for first place.
- Each team gets the same puzzle
- No one will get to see the puzzle until the starting bell rings
- No team substitutions after the starting bell rings
- Every team will have the same size table
- Each team may bring any props they wish to use during the competition
- It's $15/$10 per person to register
- No age limit for contestants for competitive level, but there must be one person under the age of 16 on each team in the family level
If you want to order risers for your table to raise the table to counter height of 38" (versus the standard 29" height), be sure to order them for just $20/team.
All other activities will be FREE! Other activities that day will include:
- Cheering on the teams that are competing
- Mini puzzle challenges (some with prizes)
- Live demonstrations by wooden puzzle artisans
- Try cutting a wooden puzzle yourself
- Learn some tidbits about the history of jigsaw puzzles
- Examine displays of very old to very new wooden jigsaw puzzles
- Selection of jigsaw puzzles available for purchase with 10% of sales benefitting KAINOS Home and Training Center for adults with developmental disabilities
So bring the family and have a very fun, unique and educational day!
Submitted by the FullCalendar Event Promotion Service
$15 or $10 to register for the competition, otherwise free.