Lucie Stern Theatre
1305 Middlefield Road (at Melville)
Palo Alto, CA 94306
6:00 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013
Food | Wine
This is a weekly "cooking gym" where you learn to cook and take home a week's worth of breakfast, snacks and dinners that are portion-controlled and DASH-compliant, all in 2 hours! We provide the guidance, recipes, groceries, fun and a friendly atmosphere. You just show up with a willingness to learn and share!
* DASH diet is the most popularly prescribed diet by doctors for healthy heart and healthy weight.
Our goal is to:
1) make eating decision more structured and effortless from day-to-day basis,
2) turn cooking into an empowering, social and engaging experience
3) provide overall time and cost savings
4) build relationships and community support,
5) make it easy and fun to lose weight and control your blood pressure and cholesterol levels! Our next session will be hosted at the Lucie Stern Community Center in Palo Alto on Feb 12, 6-8pm. For the price of entry, you will learn to cook and take home a week's worth of healthy meals with five other users. Be prepared to get your hands dirty!
---- Menu ----
Breakfast 1 - Honey, berry yoghurt w bran Breakfast 2 - Cheesy egg and chives scramble w turkey and spinach wrapsSnack 1 - Mango, banana and coconut smoothieSnack 2 - Almonds, cranberries and edamameDinner 1 - Baked chicken with roast beet and orange saladDinner 2 - Asian stir fry shrimp with veggies and brown rice
Remember, you are getting 3 portions of each dish, which means 6 days worth of breakfasts, snacks and dinners.
---- Costs ----
Why is $80 a good deal for a weight loss program where you take home so much healthy food, learn to cook, and find structure and support in our community?
This is what you are getting with $80:- Breakfasts: $3 x 6 days = $18- Snacks: $2 x 6 days = $12- Dinners: $6 x 6 days = $36- Venue and cooking guidance = $14- Health benefits, fun with cooking, friendships, motivation and support for weight loss = priceless! ---- About Us ----
We are a team of Stanford medical, law and business students who are passionate about promoting holistic health and wellness. Our startup is a new method of helping people lose weight and stay healthy. We hope to turn this cooking community into a sustainable venture that can grow and help people anywhere!
Healthy Cooking for Weight Loss - 6 days of Healthy Meals 82.99