Health | Wellness
The Santa Clara County EAC in partnership with the EDD present
Getting Employers Ready for Health Care Reform: Be Ready to Pay or Play in 2014
Speaker: Micah Weinberg, Ph.D., Senior Policy Advisor to the Bay Area Council and
Senior Research Fellow at the Bay Area Council Economic Institute
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. - Registration and Breakfast start at 7:30 a.m.
This seminar will cover the Employer's responsibility under the Affordable Care Act.
• Penalties for employers not offering affordable coverage.
• Basics: Materials summarizing the health care reform law and how it works.
• Exchanges: Emerging state-based insurance marketplaces where individuals
and small businesses are able to choose an insurance plan under the health care
• Affordability and subsidies: Assistance provided under the health care reform
law to make premiums and out-of-pocket costs more affordable.
• Financing and taxes: The budgetary implications of health care reform and the
mechanism used to finance the costs associated with it.
• Health coverage and the uninsured: How the health care reform law affects
people getting health insurance and the consequences for people who are
• Health care costs: The implications of rising health care costs for families,
businesses, and government programs.
• Insurance: How the heath care reform changes the rules under which insurance
Micah Weinberg, Ph.D. is a Senior Policy Advisor to the Bay Area Council and Senior
Research Fellow at the Bay Area Council Economic Institute. Dr. Weinberg is a
thought-provoking leader driving health system transformation. His work focuses
on maximizing health through radically reworking how we pay for, deliver, and think
about healthcare. He works closely with business leaders and policymakers in
California and nationwide to develop and implement strategies to control the growth
of healthcare costs, while expanding access and improving health outcomes.
$40 for 2013 EAC members and $55 for nonmembers.