OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU) - Halloween is days away, so to get your house tricked out for the big night, we have some baking tips for you.
Below is a recipe for spooky good carrot cupcakes:
Carrot cake cupcakes with walnuts and cream cheese frosting
7 ounces granulated sugar (1 scant cup)
5 ounces all-purpose flour (1 cup)
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cups corn oil (or other vegetable oil)
2 large eggs
11 oz grated carrot, Carrots should be weighted AFTER peeling and grating
1/3 cup walnut pieces, chopped
1/2 pounds Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Whisk dry ingredients together, breaking up any lumps of baking soda or sugar.
2. Grate carrots and combine walnuts. Whisk eggs together and slowly whisk in oil.
3. Add in dry ingredients all at once and stir with a wooden spoon just until thoroughly combined.
4. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
5. Pour batter into full sized cupcake cups
6. Bake at 350 degrees around 30 minutes (325 degree convection oven low fan).
7. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream cheese frosting
8oz cream cheese
7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
5 ounces confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Orange food coloring (optional)
1. Cream cream cheese and butter together gently in the mixer.
2. Add vanilla.
3. Add confectioner's sugar gradually until thoroughly combined.