OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU) - ESPN revealed the 16 athletes who will be featured in their annual Body Issue, and former 49ers and Raiders Hall of Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice made the cut.
He’s 55 years old.
Since 2009, ESPN The Magazine has been bringing readers alternate angles of athletes by celebrating their physical side with nude and semi-nude photographs. Rice, a Bay Area sports icon and quite possibly the greatest football player ever, will be on full display for the magazine’s 10th anniversary. The issue will be available digitally on June 25 and on newsstands June 29.
And Rice isn’t the oldest. He’s joined by another Hall of Famer, golf legend Greg Norman, who is 63. A trio of Olympians – track medalist Tori Bowie, figure skater Adam Rippon and cross-country skiing medalist Jessie Diggins – will also appear in the issue.
Rice is in great shape. And though his age will surely show next to New York Giants rookie running back Saquon Barkely, he’ll blend with the well-toned bunch just fine.
Full list includes:
- Megan Rapinoe: U.S. women’s soccer national team forward
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Timberwolves center
- Dallas Keuchel: Astros pitcher
- Yasiel Puig: Dodgers outfielder
- Breanna Stewart and Sue Bird: Seattle Storm teammates
- Lauren Chamberlain: Softball player
- Crystal Dunn: U.S. women’s national soccer player
- Charlotte Flair (Rik Flair’s daughter): WWE performer
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: LA Galaxy forward