MOUNTAIN VIEW (KTVU) -- At least six people were hurt when a small fire broke out Thursday at the Shoreline Amphitheatre which was hosting a Google conference when the blaze occurred, authorities said.
It was a kitchen fire at a concession stand. It isn't clear how the small blaze started but at least one of the injuries is said to be life-threatening, a spokesman for the Mountain View Fire Department said.
Three staff members were hospitalized and three others refused medical treatment.
The fire was reported around 3:55 p.m., according to officials.
An official said the kitchen's fire suppression system was able to extinguish the fire.
Mountain View police said they were providing traffic control as firefighters responded to the incident. Motorists were advised to avoid the area.
The venue has a maximum capacity of 22,500 and was hosting the annual Google I/O event, a meeting of developers who gather to discuss web, mobile and enterprise applications for the Google platform.
The conference wraps up on Friday.