Grilled Chipotle Shrimp with Lime and Fresh Mint
· 1 lb shrimp (22 to 26 per lb size works well)
· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
· 1/2 Tablespoon chipotle puree
· Zest of 1/2 lime
· 1 Tablespoon honey
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· 1/4 bunch mint, washed, picked and rough chopped
· 2 limes cut in half and ready to squeeze over grilled shrimp
Rinse and dry shrimp. Combine chopped garlic, chipotle, lime zest, honey and olive oil. Marinate shrimp up to one day before (or it's fine to do it that morning.)
To serve: Grill shrimp, seasoning generously with salt while on the grill. Grill about 2 minutes each side or until shrimp just curls up. Put shrimp on a platter, squeeze fresh lime juice over grilled shrimp, top generously with chopped fresh mint and serve immediately.
Grilled New York Strip
· 3 New York steaks, about 1 lb each.
· Kosher salt and black pepper.
Season steak generously with kosher salt and pepper.
Grill about 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, with grill lid closed and heat on medium high. Keep a close eye on grill to avoid fires or flare ups.
Rest for 5 mintues (just let it sit on a tray or plate for juices to redistribute), slice and serve immediately.
Grilled Fresh Corn with Cumin Garlic Butter and Kosher Salt
· 8 ears corn, peeled and cleaned of stray silk
· olive oil
· kosher salt and pepper
· 1 stick of butter
· 2 teaspoons cumin
· 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
· 1/4 bunch of scallions, sliced thin
Melt butter with cumin and garlic and a pinch of salt, pepper and the sliced scallions.
To grill: drizzle a bit of oil over the corn and season with salt and pepper.
Grill about 3 minutes on 3 or 4 sides, until the corn has just a bit of browning. Drizzle cumin butter on corn to taste, and serve.