A man accused of killing a teenager and wounding another in a double shooting in Pittsburg last month was set to be arraigned on murder charges this week, according to the Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office.
Julius Robert Short Jr., 23, has been charged with murder and attempted murder for a Jan. 21 shooting that killed 16-year-old Steven Rosalez and injured another 16-year-old boy, authorities said.
Short allegedly shot the teens around 7:45 p.m. in the 100 block of West Eighth St after an earlier fight with them, according to police.
He was arrested the following day with the help of a SWAT team at his Pittsburg home.
Short was on felony probation at the time of the shooting and has an extensive criminal history, police said.
He was being held in county jail on $1 million bail and was scheduled to appear in court in Martinez at 8:30 a.m. the upcoming Thursday.
Watchdogs are questioning an exclusive agreement between the City of Oakland and a non-profit group, tapped to lead a multi-million dollar project to redevelop the area around the Coliseum BART station.