The man charged with killing seven people during a shooting rampage at an Oakland vocational college has ended a nearly month-long, self-imposed fast, according to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department.
One Goh, 43, had been placed in the infirmary at Santa Rita Jail last week to be treated for health issues that had arisen from starving himself since he was arrested for the shooting spree at Oikos University on April 2.
He was scheduled to make a court appearance Monday where he could enter a plea to seven counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder.
After dropping out of Oakland's Oikos University the previous fall, 43-year-old Goh went on a shooting rampage after the school had refused to reimburse $4,000 to $6,000 in tuition, according to school officials.
Police said he arrived at the school that day with a .45-caliber semiautomatic handgun, which was later found in a nearby waterway, and that he may have been targeting certain staff members.
When Goh learned his intended targets were not at the school, police said, he began opening fire in classrooms. Police said he tried to line up victims then started firing when some cooperated and others did not.
Those killed were Doris Chibuko, 40, of San Leandro; Judith Seymour, 53, of San Jose; Grace EunHea Kim, 23; Lydia Sim, 21, Bhutia Tshering, 38, and Sonam Choedon, 33, and secretary Katleen Ping, 24.
Goh was arrested a few hours after the shooting at a grocery store in Alameda where he reportedly confessed his crimes to an employee there.
Watchdogs are questioning an exclusive agreement between the City of Oakland and a non-profit group, tapped to lead a multi-million dollar project to redevelop the area around the Coliseum BART station.