View mobile site
Follow us on
Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013 | 6:02 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 10:02 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013
OAKLAND, Calif. —
A dozen houses in Oakland were evacuated Tuesday night after residents discovered a leaking propane tank.
Firefighters said they were called to a home on 85th Avenue near Castlemont High School at around 7 p.m.
When they arrived, they found a 25-gallon propane tank that had rusted through and was leaking.
They said there is nothing to do but let the gas leak out and dissipate. The tank was apparently about a quarter full.
As a precaution, firefighters evacuated homes in the area and had PG&E cut off gas to those homes.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.