View mobile site
Follow us on
Saturday, Dec. 21, 2013 | 10:37 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 8:29 a.m. Monday, Aug. 5, 2013
KTVU and Wires
SAN JOSE, Calif. —
A pot left unattended on a stove triggered an early morning fire Monday that left two San Jose apartments gutted and three others heavily damaged, authorities said.
San Jose firefighters said they received a call around 12:20 a.m. of a fire at the Waterbury Court apartments near the San Tomas Expressway.
Arriving crews found two apartment s engulfed in flames and quickly moved to halt the spread of the blaze to others.
Firefighters said a resident told them he left a pot on the stove and when he returned to check it his kitchen was ablaze.
Smoke alarms helped alert other residents and all 17 were able to escape unharmed. The Red Cross was on the scene aiding them.
It took firefighters 1 ½ hours to get the blaze under control but not before it completely gutted two units and left three others heavily damaged by smoke and water.
There were no injuries reported, authorities said.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.