Police ask for help finding suspect in brutal San Jose office complex homicide

- Police in San Jose late Tuesday afternoon revealed new information about the two deadly police shootings of suspects in a brutal homicide at a South Bay office park last week and asked for the public's help finding a third unidentified suspect who is still at large.

Police confirmed Tuesday afternoon the deadly shooting of a man last week is linked to the two police shootings in the past two days. KTVU has also obtained some frightening surveillance pictures of the homicide that police say started it all.

The surveillance images show the terrifying moments just before 38-year-old Virginia native Christopher Wrenn was shot to death in a north San Jose office complex Thursday.

In the picture, you see the victim raise his hands up to surrender as a man points a gun directly at him.  Another person dressed all in black is also seen in the photo.

"In the video, I saw three suspects going inside this business where the homicide occurred on August 13," said San Jose Police Sgt. Enrique Garcia. "They were terrorizing the victim. Weapons were drawn and weapons were aimed at the suspect."

Police shot and killed one of the suspects from Thursday’s homicide on Kirkhaven Court in South San Jose on Monday night. Officers said he was seen in the surveillance video carrying a Tec-9 assault weapon they have since recovered.

That suspect was identified Tuesday night as 40-year-old San Jose resident Richard Jacquez. 

Officers chased him after receiving word he was planning to kill a woman who was riding in his car for essentially knowing too much. Police said he was not armed.

On Sunday night, less than two miles away, San Jose Police shot and killed another suspect tied to the homicide at a strip mall in East San Jose. Police said he reached for a handgun on his waistband. He is also seen in the surveillance photo armed with a handgun.

On Tuesday night, authorities identified that suspect as 29-year-old San Jose resident Matthew Castillo.

"Our officers in all these incidences were reacting to a very intense, threatening situation with outstanding suspects with felony murder warrants," said Sgt. Garcia.

A third suspect seen in the surveillance video image provided by authorities dressed all in black is still on the loose. He appears to be wearing a mask in the photo, but police are asking the public for any information they might have in regards to his whereabouts.

The third still outstanding suspect is described as a male of unknown race with heavy build, approximately 5"-10" to 6'-0" tall. 

While police have not revealed the motive behind the homicide yet, a search warrant served at the complex details narcotics, narcotics paraphernalia, computer equipment and cell phones were all taken from the rented office space as evidence. 

The fatal officer-involved shootings that killed Castillo and Jacquez were the seventh and eighth such shootings in San Jose this year.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories