FREMONT, Calif. (BCN/KTVU) - A domestic battery suspect is still at large following a standoff that started Saturday morning in Fremont, a police spokeswoman said.
41-year-old Fremont man Thomas Beltran is at large after police entered a home on Darrow Court where the standoff occurred, police spokeswoman Geneva Bosques said.
Police searched the home, a rental unit where Beltran was staying and the surrounding property but did not find him.
Police are asking anyone who sees Beltran to call 911.
Beltran had a warrant out for his arrest on a drug paraphernalia offense. He is now wanted for domestic battery and being a felon in possession of ammunition, Bosques said.
The standoff started at about 9:20 a.m. Saturday when police got a call from a woman who said her boyfriend had allegedly battered her and that he was still in the home.
Officers surrounded the property and tried to speak with Beltran but when they entered the home at about 5 p.m. Beltran could not be found.
He is described as 5 feet 10 inches tall and 210 pounds.
He was wearing an Oakland Raiders jersey and allegedly has a violent criminal history. Police said he had access to a gun in the home.
Officers had evacuated two adjacent homes but as of about 7 p.m. on Saturday, people had been allowed to return to their property.