Homeless man saves children from burning apartment in Las Vegas

- Las Vegas firefighters are calling a homeless man a hero for saving two small children from a fire.

Officials say a 3-year-old girl and a 10-month-old boy were trapped in a burning apartment Friday morning.

The children's grandfather was cooking food and the stove caught fire.

He escaped from a back bedroom, but couldn't get to the children. 

That's when Anival Angulo, who is homeless, was walking by the apartment and saw smoke.

Angulo jumped a fence, pulled a screen door open, and rescued the children. Authorities say that without Angulo's actions, the children likely would have suffered smoke inhalation and burns.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories