Switzerland Trip Giveaway
SWITZERLAND TRIP GIVEAWAY RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal California residents who are 21 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station KTVU, Switzerland Tourism, Alpenwild, and Swiss International Air Lines (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY.
4. Only one entry per e-mail address. The giveaway begins at 9:00 a.m. local time on March 11, 2020, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. local time on March 20, 2020.
5. To enter, go to www.ktvu.com/contests, and look for the link to the “Switzerland Trip Giveaway.” Follow all instructions to complete the online entry.
6. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KTVU’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
7. One winner(s) will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about March 23, 2020.
8. The winner(s) will receive a trip for 2 to Switzerland that includes: two roundtrip SWISS Economy tickets to Zurich, Switzerland from one of SWISS’ US gateways (EWR, JFK, MIA, BOS, LAX, SFO, ORD), double-occupancy Alpenwild hotel accommodations for 2 people for seven nights in 3-4 star hotels selected by Sponsor, and two Swiss Travel Passes for 8 days in 1st class (valid for travel on all public transportation in Switzerland). The Swiss Travel Pass guarantees nearly unlimited travel by train, bus and boat. The approximate retail value of the prize is $8,000. The prize is provided by Switzerland Tourism, Alpenwild, and Swiss International Airlines.
All persons traveling on the trip must be 21 years of age or over, unless travelers under 21 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of each minor. The trip includes round-trip coach airline tickets to and from airports selected by Sponsor and double-occupancy hotel accommodations for 2 people for 7 nights at a hotel selected by Sponsor. The winner(s) is responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, taxes and surcharges. The winner(s) may be required to submit a credit card to the hotel at the time of check-in to cover incidentals. Travel dates subject to availability and travel must be completed by March 23, 2021. There are no blackout travel dates.
9. The winner will be notified by e-mail and phone on or about March 23, 2020. The winner must respond to prize notification within 2 days, and the winner and travel companion will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in the manner and within the time period communicated by Sponsor or they will be disqualified. If a winner cannot be reached, does not respond to prize notification, or does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits.
10. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner(s). The winner(s) cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
11. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
12. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any one-year period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
14. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
15. These giveaway rules are available at www.ktvu.com/contests, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KTVU, 2 Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607, through Monday, April 20, 2020.
16. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: 2 Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607.
17. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.