"Monarch Fly Away" sweepstakes
"MONARCH FLY AWAY SWEEPSTAKES" RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal California residents who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station KTVU, and FOX Broadcasting Company (collectively, "Sponsor"), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY.
4. Only one entry per e-mail address. The giveaway begins at 10:00 a.m. local time on September 12, 2022, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. local time on September 20, 2022.
5. To enter, go to www.ktvu.com/contests and click on the link to "Monarch Fly Away Sweepstakes." Entrants must agree to receive news and offers via KTVU FOX 2’s email newsletters in order to complete the online entry.
6. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KTVU’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
7. One winner(s) will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about September 21, 2022.
8. One (1) winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for winner and one (1) guest to Austin, Texas (the "Trip"). The Trip will consist of the following: (i) roundtrip coach airfare to Austin, Texas, from the major airport nearest winner’s residence; (ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations in Austin, Texas, to be selected by Sponsor (one standard room, double occupancy, room and tax only) (the "Hotel"); (iii) a check for Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00) to purchase two (2) tickets to a local live event (the "Event"); and (iv) ground transportation to/from the major airport nearest the greater Austin, Texas, area and the Hotel.
All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of each minor. The winner(s) is responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, taxes and surcharges. The winner(s) may be required to submit a credit card to the hotel at the time of check-in to cover incidentals. Travel dates subject to availability and travel must be completed by December 31, 2022. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. The approximate retail value of the prize is $2,500. The prize is provided by Fox Broadcasting Company.
9. The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail and phone on or about September 21, 2022. The winner(s) must respond to prize notification within 2 days, and the winner(s) and travel companion will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in the manner and within the time period communicated by Sponsor or they will be disqualified. If a winner cannot be reached, does not respond to prize notification, or does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits.
10. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner(s). The winner(s) cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
11. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
12. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any one-year period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
14. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’
names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
15. These giveaway rules are available at www.ktvu.com/contests, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KTVU, 2 Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607, through October 20, 2022.
16. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: 2 Jack London Square, Oakland, CA 94607.
17. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.