Chemical leak at San Jose health center

Seventeen people have been exposed to a chemical found at a health center in San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood Wednesday morning, a fire department spokesman said.

Firefighters arrived to the center, where they learned people were exposed to a chemical called cresol, which is used in dental procedures. A hazardous materials team was called to the scene, Salcido said.

Seventeen people complained of inhalation, and 12 patients were taken to local hospitals. There were no serious injuries. 

Symptoms reported included nausea and headaches.

There was no additional danger in the area. 

Stay with for updates on this developing story.