San Jose police release 3 more suspect photos in Trump rally assaults
SAN JOSE (BCN)-- Police released photos today of three more suspects wanted for alleged assaults during a Donald Trump rally in downtown San Jose earlier this month.
The photos show three men, one of whom was seen holding a U.S. flag and sign that read "Racist Drumpf," outside the San Jose Convention Center on June 2.
The three men join a group of five other suspects police are looking for in connection with multiple assaults. Photos of the outstanding suspects can be found through the San Jose police Twitter page at https://twitter.com/SanJosePD.
Nine people have been arrested since the large event that drew hundreds of protesters downtown where Trump, the presumed Republican Party presidential nominee, made an appearance on his campaign trail.
The most recent arrest happened on Friday, when 24-year-old Anthony Yi was booked into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of robbery on one victim and separate assaults on two other people, police said.
The others arrested were four other adults and four juveniles.
San Jose residents Robert Trillo, 18, Antonio Fernandez, 19, and Santa Clara resident Ahmed Abdirahman, 19, allegedly committed assault with a deadly weapon, police said.
Michael Kitaigorodsky, 19, of San Jose, was also arrested on suspicion of refusing to disperse, according to police.
Two San Jose teens, ages 16 and 17, were arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, police said.
Two 16 year olds, one from San Jose and the other from Milpitas, were arrested on suspicion of separate battery incidents, according to police.
The violence at the rally also left a police officer with a minor injury to his wrist after someone threw a metal object at him, police said.
Anyone with information on the suspects yet to be accounted for is asked to call police at (408) 277-4161. Those who wish to remain anonymous may call Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers at (408) 947-7867.