TULSA, Okla. - Rescue teams in Tulsa, Oklahoma, were dispatched to recover a reported dead body from the Arkansas River. So imagine their surprise when they got close enough to see the so-called victim was actually alive and well.
The man was just napping on a lazy summer day on the river.
The Tulsa Fire Department shared video of the Aug. 18 incident that showed the rescue workers kayaking to the fully-clothed man lying in a shallow part of the river, who sits up upon their approach.
MORE UNUSUAL NEWS:
- Massachusetts lobster diver survives being swallowed by whale: 'I was completely inside'
- Michigan man finds 160 bowling balls under his house
- WATCH: Video shows curious bear nudging man taking nap by pool
- 4-year-old inadvertently buys over $2,600 worth of Spongebob popsicles on Amazon
- Thief steals woman's car, then drives back to scold her for leaving 4-year-old son in vehicle
Officials are now asking residents in Tulsa to not nap on the river.
"The river is low, but is still potentially dangerous in areas," wrote the fire department on Facebook. "Please stay safe and find alternate ways to stay cool!"
Tune in to FOX 11 Los Angeles for the latest Southern California news.