Antioch gas leak triggers shelter-in-place warning
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KTVU and wires) -- Residents of an Antioch mobile home park were asked to shelter in place Thursday morning because of a gas leak, a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District marshal said.
The leak was reported just before 9 a.m. in the area of Buchanan and Somersville roads, Fire Marshal Robert Marshall said.
The 4-inch gas line was hit by a construction crew, Marshall said.
A PG&E crew arrived and is working to stop the flow of gas, but in the meantime, residents of the nearby Chateau Mobile Home Park have been asked to shelter in place and roads have been closed in the area, Marshall said.