LOS ANGELES (FOX 11) - A memorial service was planned Monday to remember the life of a 9-year-old girl whose body was found on a Los Angeles area hiking trail.
The body of Trinity Love Jones was found March 5 stuffed into a duffel bag and dumped near a trail in Hacienda Heights.
She had been wearing pants with a panda pattern and a pink shirt that said, "Future Princess Hero" with the word “princess” crossed out, authorities said.
Monday’s service will be open to the public, with Trinity's father requesting attendees to wear bright, cheerful colors to celebrate her life.
The memorial service will begin at 12 p.m. at St. John Vianney Catholic Church, located at 1345 Turnbull Canyon Road in Hacienda Heights. A burial will follow at Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Rowland Heights.
There is also a gathering planned after the services at 3 p.m. at the Hacienda Heights Community Center located at 1234 Valencia Avenue.
- Homicide detectives need help identifying child found dead near hiking trail in Hacienda Heights
- Girl found dead in duffel bag identified as 9-year-old Trinity Jones; 2 people detained
- Mom's boyfriend expected to be charged in death of girl whose body was dumped, stuffed in duffel bag
- Mom's boyfriend, a convicted child abuser, charged in death of girl stuffed in duffel bag
- Criminal charges being prepared for mother of little girl found in duffel bag