Sierra LaMar trial set for August 1st
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KTVU) - A trial date has been set for the man accused of killing missing Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar.
The trial date for the high profile murder case of suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres is set for August 1.
The trial has been delayed in the past multiple times.
It's been more than four years since the 15-year-old disappeared in March of 2012. Authorities arrested Garcia-Torres two months after the teen vanished on her way to school. Ever since then, Sierra's family has been waiting for justice.
In past reports Legal Analyst Steven Clark told KTVU, "This is going to be the highest profile case in the Bay Area since the Scott Peterson case so it's important things are done right," said Clark. "That it is done efficiently but it's done fairly."
Sierra's body has never been found but prosecutors said her DNA was found in Garcia-Torres's car and Garcia-Torres's DNA was found on some of her clothing, thrown in a field near where she disappeared.
Clark said, since there's no body and no crime scene, testimony from DNA and forensics experts will be critical.