Authorities track Lamar Odom's stay at Nevada brothel

Authorities are retracing Lamar Odom's $75,000 visit to the brothel where he was found unconscious as the former NBA and reality TV star remains hospitalized and the Kardashians spar with the brothel owner over media attention surrounding the ordeal.

There's been no official word on Odom's condition, but the Rev. Jesse Jackson visited him Wednesday and said he's on life support.

Odom's grandmother, Florence Odom, declined to comment on his status Thursday, saying she was becoming distressed at unfounded speculation that her grandson would be taken off life support. His father, Joe Odom, also declined to discuss his condition, saying that information was confidential.

Nye County law enforcement and brothel officials said Odom's incident was a rarity for the Love Ranch, in the rural community of Crystal, and have summed it up as a possible drug-related medical episode.

"We're going to be looking at the entire situation, how he actually came to be where he is now," Nye County Sheriff Sharon Wehrly said at a Wednesday news conference.

Love Ranch owner Dennis Hof is cooperating with authorities, said Richard Hunter, a brothel spokesman and one of the people who called 911.

Odom was found unconscious at the brothel Tuesday with white and reddish substances coming from his nose and mouth. His breathing was consistent, but he seemed to be in a deep sleep-like state, Hunter said.

He was to be flown by helicopter about 80 miles southeast to Las Vegas but had to be taken by ambulance because he couldn't fit into the aircraft.

Odom's estranged wife, Khloe Kardashian, rushed to his side that night at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center. Since then, friends, teammates and loved ones have visited and posted messages on social media asking for prayers.

Meanwhile, authorities took a blood sample from Odom to find out if he overdosed on drugs or alcohol, but the results could take several weeks.

On Thursday, the Kardashians and Hof locked horns over media attention while about a dozen reporters and camera crews staked out the hospital.

Both sides said Khloe Kardashian's representatives reached out to Hof on Wednesday and asked him not to speak to the press.

Hof said he's troubled by the lack of communication from Khloe Kardashian, and he dismissed her rep's request that Khloe Kardashian do interviews instead of him. She has so far issued no public statements.

"I know what happened," Hof said. "I'm the one protecting my business and telling the truth about it."

Kardashian's rep said they politely asked Hoff to respect their privacy.