Popular Suisun City restaurant damaged in fire

Image 1 of 2

Fire crews responded to a well known restaurant in the North Bay Saturday evening. 

Crews responded around 9 p.m. to the fire at the Athenian Grill in Suisun. 

As crews responded, flames and smoke could be seen from the roof of the two-story building. 

The restaurant is on the bottom floor, and there is a residence on the second floor. 

It took crews an hour to put out the blaze. 

One firefighter suffered a minor foot injury. 

All customers and staff evacuated the building safely, and firefighters were able to rescue a dog trapped on the second floor. 

Investigators believe the flames started in the kitchen area, and were likely the result of a grease fire.