As of Sunday at 6:30 p.m., officials have confirmed the following number of cases in the greater Bay Area region:
• Alameda County (including Berkeley): 270 cases, 7 deaths
• Contra Costa County: 175 cases, 3 deaths
• Marin County: 74 cases, 1 death
• Monterey County: 36 cases, 1 death
• Napa County: 10 cases
• San Francisco County: 340 cases, 5 deaths
• San Mateo County: 277 cases, 6 deaths
• Santa Clara County: 646 cases, 25 deaths
• Santa Cruz County: 44 cases, 1 death
• Solano County: 34 cases
• Sonoma County: 58 cases, 1 death
• Statewide: 5,827 cases, 124 deaths
The latest developments around the Bay Area related to the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, as of Sunday afternoon include:
• Ten days after passing a $500,000 rent relief package, the Mountain View City Council has approved another $800,000 to help local small businesses, homeless and people with unstable living situations, seniors and residents struggling with garbage or water bills.
• The Santa Cruz Police Department on Sunday announced its intention to actively enforce the city's shelter-in-place order when officers see businesses or groups of people in violation.
Bay City News and KTVU FOX 2 contributed to this report.