6th Dublin prison guard, aka 'Dirty Dick,' arrested on sex charges; FBI raids home

An FCI Dublin guard nicknamed "Dirty Dick Smith" has been arrested on 12 counts of sexual abuse -- the 6th correctional officer so far to be charged at this prison.

5th Dublin prison guard heads to sex abuse trial; fellow officer to testify against him

Most of the witnesses to testify against John Russell Bellhouse, 39, of Pleasanton are women he allegedly fondled and other prison employees. But for the first time, Ross Klinger, a former correctional officer also charged with sex crimes, is expected to testify against his former colleague.

Dublin prison sex assault survivor seeks compassionate release after BOP denies
video

A 44-year-old San Diego woman who said she was harassed and groped by multiple officers at FCI Dublin ? and then was retaliated against for speaking up about it ? is seeking to get out of prison early, arguing that no one should have to withstand sexual abuse as part of their prison sentence.

Dublin prison sex assault survivor seeks compassionate release after BOP denies

A 44-year-old San Diego woman who said she was harassed and groped by multiple officers at FCI Dublin – and then was retaliated against for speaking up about it – is seeking to get out of prison early, arguing that no one should have to withstand sexual abuse as part of their prison sentence. 

Prison sex abuse must be rooted out, Justice official tells wardens

Sexual abuse in the nation’s federal prisons must be rooted out, the Justice Department’s second-highest-ranking leader told prison wardens gathered for their first nationwide training since revelations that a toxic, permissive culture at a California prison allowed abuse to run rampant.

Judge says FCI Dublin warden lied to jury, must show remorse

A federal judge said former FCI Dublin prison warden Ray Garcia lied on the stand and the only thing he can do on sentencing day to help himself is show some remorse.

Dozens of Dublin prison sex survivors face deportation

Nearly three dozen women at FCI Dublin have either been deported or are facing possible deportation, even though their attorneys say that as sexual assault survivors or witnesses they are eligible for U-visas.

Prosecutors seek 15 years for ex-Dublin prison warden convicted of sex abuse

Federal prosecutors are asking a judge to stray from normal procedures and send a former Dublin prison warden to 15 years behind bars – more than 10 years more than the sentencing guidelines recommend. 

Disabled woman says Dublin prison officials took away her walker

A disabled woman incarcerated at the FCI Dublin said her walker was taken away from her a few days after KTVU published a report about her health grievances at the all-women's facility.

Convicted FCI Dublin warden's move for mistrial has no merit: prosecutors

Former warden Ray J. Garcia's move for a mistrial, after he was convicted of sexual abuse at FCI Dublin, has no merit, according to prosecutors.

Dublin prison sex assault survivors should be released: advocacy groups

A coalition of advocacy groups and lawyers on Thursday demanded that sexual assault survivors at the all-women's Federal Correctional Institute in Dublin be released.

Congressman calls toxic conditions at Dublin prison a 'disgrace'

U.S. Rep. Mark DeSaulnier (D-Dublin) is troubled over the horrid living conditions at the Federal Institute at Dublin – already in the public's eye for its rampant sexual abuse cases -- and he is planning to visit the tarnished all-women's prison soon. 

All-women's Dublin prison rife with goose poop and asbestos: lawsuit

Nearly a dozen incarcerated women at the Federal Correctional Institute at Dublin have filed formal complaints that there is so much goose poop, mold and asbestos at the facility that they have trouble breathing, hearing and some are so grossed out, they can barely eat.

Dublin prison officer told woman he thinks of her instead of watching porn: lawsuit

A woman who was formerly incarcerated at the federal prison in Dublin is suing a former correctional officer after she said he he sexually fondled her, once telling her that when he went home at night, "instead of watching porn, he thinks of doing things to her."

Judge reluctantly sentences ex-Dublin prison cook to nearly 2 years in sex abuse case

A federal judge reluctantly sentenced a former cook at the all-women's prison in Dublin to nearly two years behind bars, saying the punishment isn't nearly enough for a sex abuse scandal that has reached all the way to Congress.

Dublin prison warden convicted of sex abuse seeks new trial

A warden convicted of eight counts of sexual abuse during his tenure at the Federal Correctional Institute in Dublin is seeking a new trial. 

New details revealed about Dublin prison cook who fondled woman in pantry

More details were revealed around the actions and childhood background of former Dublin prison cook, Enrique Chavez, who admitted to fondling a woman in a food pantry ahead of his sentencing this week.

Convicted former Dublin prison warden has new lawyer days after guilty verdict

Ray J. Garcia asked to have a new lawyer represent him for his sentencing, four days after a jury found him guilty of sexually abusing at least three women while he was warden at the prison in Dublin. 

Federal prisons may soon be required to install working security cameras

A bill to install security cameras in the nation's 122 federal prisons could soon become law, in a move championed by sex survivor advocates and many correctional officers themselves.